CURRENT NFS OPENINGS
Internship Opportunities @ Noor Family Services
Thank you for your interest in joining our team to become an intern at Noor Family Services. Interning with our agency will provide an amazing opportunity to make an impact in your community. Noor Family Services offers internships throughout the year when vacancies are available.
As a Noor Family Services intern, you will:
* Get connected with a dedicated team of passionate and dedicated professionals at the forefront to end domestic violence.
* Develop an understanding of domestic violence and its effect on victims and the community.
* Gain experience in crisis intervention and various advocacy work-related fields
* Learn about the various nuances that affect recovery among immigrant and foreign-born victims
* Examine best options for dealing with culturally-sensitive issues among victims
* Help empower victims and survivors to enable them to live positive and productive lives.
* Become more culturally competent by acquiring skills to work effectively in cross-cultural situations
Interns will be exposed to all the programs and services offered by Noor Family Services. Below is a general description of activities interns will learn in each program.
Interns begin their training with our 4-hour Domestic Violence Training Class. Following the training, interns are exposed to a set number of hours with each program of the agency: Crisis Intervention hotline, Legal Advocacy Program, Community Awareness Program, Violence Prevention and Support.
Crisis Intervention Hotline: Safety planning, crisis intervention, building rapport, knowledge of crisis call policies and procedures, scheduling appointments, questions to ask, knowledge of community referrals, data entry into statistical program
Legal Advocacy: Attending protective order hearings with victims, exposure to intake system, understanding of Temporary Protective and Stalking Orders, understanding of Victim's Compensation Program and assisting victim file claims, knowledge of community referrals, data entry into statistical program
Emergency Shelter Program: exposure to intake system and case management, knowledge of shelter referral policies and procedures, advocacy, knowledge of community referrals, client file organization and documentation, client transportation, data entry into statistical program
Community Outreach Awareness Program: update social media accounts, represent agency at community events and festivals, promote and assist with fundraising and awareness initiatives, participate in judicial task force against domestic violence, distribute agency information, assist with development of quarterly newsletters
* Enrollment in an academic program with good standing.
* Social Skills – flexible, emotionally and socially mature, able to function in a team.
* Participation in all supervision sessions and meetings as required.
* Comfortable with basic computer skills, knowledge of using the internet, and MS Office products.
* Reliable transportation to NFS facilities and training sites
How to Apply:
To apply for an internship with Noor Family Services, contact Noor Family Services for the intern Application and submit via email, or mail.
Mail: P.O. Box 3803, Alpharetta, GA 30023